MGTDEV-L Archives

October 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"K. KEMPER" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 08:28:52 -500

>See below:
>Sender:       Management & Executive Development Discussions
>Poster:       Alexander Dehaven <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: New member introduction
>------------------------------------------------->
>
>> My background - Who I am and What I do
>
>My name is Alex DeHaven, I am presently seeking my Master's in Accounting
>from the University of South Dakota.  Aside from the Accounting base, I
>enrolled in various speech, strategic management, and computer courses.
>
>The computer course explains why I have joined this discussion, but it is
>the speech and strategy classes that I need more experience with.  Next
>fall, I will begin work with Arthur Andersen in Denver, Colorado.
>Success will then be determined by my ability to be an effective manager.

NO, your success, in my opinion, won't be determined by your ability
as an effective manager; it will be based on your ability to:
a) read Arthur Anderson's game plan (your boss);
b) your client's game plan (the actual paymaster);
c) your ability to be a 1) management analyst, politician, psychologist,
   strategist and gopher, rolled up into a package so that no one edge
is visible beyond your cortex. (brain).
K. Kemper [log in to unmask]

--
Talk entrepreneurshp with me