MGTDEV-L Archives

March 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 06:40:56 +0000
On Thu, 29 Feb 1996 16:18 Hanna Robinson wrote:

> (Note: The following message has been sent to several Training-related
> discussion groups.)
>
> Fellow Netters,
>
> I am looking for a good training supplier specializing management development.
> An 'ideal' supplier I am looking for is:
\>
> (1)  Customized not a package program:
> Work with me (I am in charge of management development) to conduct NA and
> develop management training modules.
>
> (2)  Deliver 'training programs for managers:
> I need 'real' trainers  who have a good understanding of and well-developed
> skills in training (and have pride in conducting 'true' training), not
> 'speakers' or 'lecturers  Also, I would like to have someone who has worked
> with non-native speakers of English before since we have several
> expatriates in our management team.  (My company in Central Indiana, and I
> prefer someone not so far away from us.)
>
> (3)  Cost effective:  we are not a Fortune 100; we have a limited budget,
> so I would like to find a supplier treating 'smaller' clients like us with
> respect and committed to deliver high quality programs regardless of the
> size of business you are getting.
>
> Anyway, enough for now.  Any recommendations?
>
> You can either respond to me directly or post it to the list if you prefer.
>
> Thank you very much in advance for your help.
>

> Hannah Robinson

Although I have replied to Hanna privately, I'd like everyone to know
that we at Simonton Associates have an extremely superior product to
offer those who want to be outstanding at every aspect of managing
people. These products will save your company years of trials and
errors, create great satisfaction for bosses and juniors alike and
result in 30 to 300% per person productivity gains.

The product consists of the specific actions which any boss,
(regardless of personality or position or sex or race) can use to
turn ordinary people into highly motivated and highly committed team
players players who love to come to work. I truly mean it when I say
"specific" because these are tools you will be able to learn easily
and and then just as easily put into action everyday of your working
life. The best thing is that these tools are in a book which is easy
to read.

A recent customer having problems with a downsizing said of the book
that it was the answer to his prayers. It truly is for anyone having
even slight difficulties you can't understand how to fix much less
the horrendous hazards of downsizing or installing any change.

Simonton Associates can also back up the book with assessment of your
current status, a plan to address deficiencies, coaching of
individual executives/managers/supervisors, interactive seminar
training of groups of bosses and follow on assessment and coaching
until you get firmly on the road to 30 to 300% per person
productivity gains.

There happen to be a lot of books on the market all purporting to be
solutions and none getting beyond the stage of great concepts or
oneliners like "America is underled and overmanaged". I know that
those of you who have been searching for answers will be very
skeptical of my contentions and rightly so. Don't let your skepticism
cause you to miss a real and inexpensive opporunity to find some real
answers to how to manage people.

I will provide any responder with info on the book (which includes an
article on leadership) and how to get the book.

Have a great day managing people. Done correctly it is always loads
of fun and satisfaction for all.

Joan

Joan Pomo
Simonton Associates