MU-VMS Archives

March 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Randy Kaelber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 12:43:02 -0500
Robert E. Williams, Jr. ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
> As I already mentioned, I didn't notice it to be particularly slow last
> night. The problem for me was that the POP server wasn't responding...
> that's it. Everything else was fine. I'm not really sure, but I'd guess it
> started around 9:00. As usual, I could send mail all I wanted, but couldn't
> retrieve. I've never been unable to do anything else when just this's
> happening, such as read NetNews or surf the web (inlcuding Miami-served
> pages).

Hey, Kent, maybe we need to check the listen() queue length for incoming
connections on the POP server software too? Bumping that up sure seemed
to improve the web server's performance, and POP tends to do that
repeated connection stuff, same as a web server.
--
Randy Kaelber:  [log in to unmask]
DARS Programmer/Analyst, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056 USA