MU-VMS Archives

October 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 1994 18:04:40 EST
I am trying to help out my host dad, who has an account at Miami, to logon
with his Amiga (1200). He has a 2400 modem and is using a communication
program called TERM. It IS possible for him to actually log on. The problem,
however, is that his function keys don't work which makes it virtually
impossible for him to use the enduser. Esc. combined with function keys
doesn't work and neither does his numeric pad. Typing commands works in
some cases but ALSO causes the screen to freeze quite frequently.
      We were told that it might be possible for him to try to use an
Amiga version of Kermit or to add an Amiga file to the existing Kermit. This
way the function keys would be defined and it would be a lot easier to
use ENDUSER.

Any suggestions?