MUEMAIL Archives

November 1996

MUEMAIL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Leah Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Electronic Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:20:13 -0500
Bill Sylvester wrote...

One of my users asked:

        How do I make multiple lists of nicknames?

The make nickname dialog box (Special -> Make Nickname) has a
pulldown list that is marked File: and has the value "Main Nickname".
This implies that there could be other nickname files other than
"Main".  How are these files created, where are they kept, how
are they accessed, etc?

Eudora for Windows 32bit version 2.2.

You must first create a text file (doesn't have to be anything in it) and
save the file to the \eudora\nickname folder on the local drive.

Then click on Special/Make Nickname from the menu. In the New Nickname
dialog box, drop-down the File: list. You should see the folder name.

Eudora 2.2 maintains all nickname folders in a flat list. I suggest you
upgrade to Eudora 3.0 (now available on
MUServer1/Support/Win/MU-Inst/Eudorav3.0/Install  directory.) Eudora 3.0
maintains each nickname folder as a book. As you create nicknames you have
a check box that allows you to create a new nickname folder. This prevents
you from having to create an empty text file first.

Leah L. Hensley
Miami University
Microcomputer Support Analyst-MCIS
(513) 529-5948