MUEMAIL Archives

May 1996

MUEMAIL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Allison Debra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Electronic Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 16:51:38 -0500
To Miami's Electronic Mail Working Group:

COAD yesterday endorsed our recommendation to site license Eudora Pro for all
four campuses.  CCIS (Committee on Computing and Information Systems) gave its
endorsement about two weeks ago.  We are now in the process of getting the
final contract from Qualcomm and submitting the requisition to the Purchasing
Office.

You might want to check out the April 22, 1996 InfoWorld issue -- they
reviewed four SMTP email front ends, and Eudora Pro 2.0 scored highest by a
wide margin.  The summary says that is "came out on top primarily because its
rule-writing and text-searching features are outstanding, and WinSock and
Messaging API functions work as they should.  It is also the easiest to
install, easy to customize, and comes with a plethora of message-handling
options.  Our only complaints are minor: we wish the program included features
such as message templates and address display.  Context-sensitive help would
make it easier to use the program's great features, too."

The other products evaluated were Z-Mail 4.0, Super TCP Suite 96, and Pronot
Mail 2.01.

I'll update you as we progress.

Debi