MUEMAIL Archives

November 2001

MUEMAIL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Andrew Baucom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Electronic Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:29:16 -0500
Steve,

The current status of the memory leak is that the engineers
have found a few memory leaks and fixed them.  They have tracked
down one more but it is embedded in the Sleepycat libraries and
is a fairly small leak.

Since they enabled the large memory support for the AIX program,
the pop3d would most likely be good for several days and you
could safely restart it nightly or every other night.  We would
still watch to see how fast it grows.  Should be much slower now.

I would recommend that we install this version.  I realize that it
is not 'perfect' but I don't know when they might get a fix for
the Sleepycat leak.  I would certainly like to see at least a
step forward on this.

-Andrew