MUMODEMS Archives

September 1995

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Paul A Mongeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 18:26:15 EST
OK, another dumb question.  I'm the guy who had the problem of hhaavviinngg
eevveerryytthhiinngg show up double every once in a while.  The problem there
was for some reason (every once in a while) the local echo decides to turn
itself on.  When I switch it off, the problem goes away.  Thanks to Kent and
to Steve for their help.

OK, here's my other question.  I'm working Kermit in Windows on an IBM clone.
Oh yeah, I'm using the VM (i.e, MIAMIU).
I logoff and it says all the appropriate stuff.  Now what's the "preferred"
method of closing the Kermit window?   With my old Kermit it was Ctrl-]
followed by "c" and then "exit."  Is this any different than Alt-x then
exit?  My habit is to ctrl-], c, exit.  Is this OK?

Just wondering...

Thanks for the help on this one too.....

Paul