MUMODEMS Archives

December 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bill Van Etten <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 00:38:44 +0000
This is so insane that it can't be true, but:

I've been using the PPP server since the beginning with no problems.
Over the last week or so I've been experiencing authorization delays
which prompted me to read this newsgroup.  After reading all of the news
since May, I see that others have been having this problem all along.

I'm using OT 1.1.1 and OT/PPP 1.0.  I've been playing with the terminal
window (which I didn't even know existed until reading news here) and
find that if I press the options button while waiting for authorization
that after closing the options dialog box, I'm connected.

I thought it was a fluke at first, the thought of this effect being real
is so unimaginable that I hesitate to say it, but it's worked a half a
dozen times now.

Try it and see, tell me what happens.

Cheers, Billy.