MUMODEMS Archives

January 1997

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joe Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:12:34 -0500
On monday January 20th from 11:30AM till 1PM dial in users were rejected at all
three campuses of Miami University.  The middletown tacacs authenticator was
down.  When Hamilton went down due to a scheduled outage, the Novell file
server hosting the Oxford tacacs process became confused and failed to offer
the tacacs server enough cpu time to get the job down.

We are sorry for the distruption of service.  I do not believe that we could
reasonably have predicted it.

Joe Simpson  [log in to unmask]