MUMODEMS Archives

August 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Debra Allison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 18:14:07 -0400
Some good news to report with respect to the on-campus PPP number: we
uncovered and corrected a telephony problem with 1-7700.  There was one
option set up incorrectly on the T1 telephone line.

Another hardware problem remains with the 1-7700 line, however, which
results in 16 of the 48 modems being unavailable for use.  The remaining
32 modems are working on 1-7700.  We have the hardware to fix this
problem and are waiting on staff time to fix it.  At one point when the
technician looked this afternoon, 30 or the 32 available modems on
1-7700 were in use, which tells us that you may be encountering busy
signals at times.

The Hamilton number (737-2120) and the Oxford off-campus number
(523-0003) appear stable.  Middletown is still waiting on Ameritech to
install the circuit.

The 529-2930 test line will disappear and those 16 modems will be
reallocated once we are certain that we've resolved the PPP problems.

Thanks for your patience.

Debi Allison
MCIS Assistant Director for Client Services