MUMODEMS Archives

December 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Randy Kaelber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 13:32:50 -0500
Clayton L. Hines ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
> In article <[log in to unmask]>,
> [log in to unmask] (Randy Kaelber) wrote:

> My guess is that we'll get NetwareIP working, enable IPX over IP, disable
> IPX over PPP, and then AppleTalk over PPP will come out, but we will
> already have conveniently moved away from anything but IP over PPP.

> If you want to see dial-up AppleTalk, you might want to start passing
> around petitions for AppleTalk over IP.

Well, there's actually some nifty software to route AppleTalk over IP,
called IPRemote, which uses a server (ARNS) to translate. I'm in the
process of installing that server even as I write this. :) When I get it
working, I'll make the server available to the whole Miami University domain.

> --
> clay, who has only been working here for six months, and rarely gets out
> of his cubicle to see the light of day

Free clay from his cubicle! I'll give a dollar to the fund. :)