MUMODEMS Archives

September 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 1996 02:39:09 -0500
Hello there, everyone.
This message is directed at anyone at MCIS who could possibly explain to me wht
the heck is going on with the 5230003 phone number.  Multiple times over the
past week I have attempted to connect with OS/2 Merlin to the PPP server.  I do
not know how to determine the IP address I am given, so that information is not
available.  However, beginning in August, about the 5th and most recently on
September 1st, I will:

        Connect with the Dial other internet providers object.
        Connect to the university server.
        get the annoying message after about two to five seconds that PAP
authentication failed and my connection has been terminated.
        I apologize for not being in a better position to assist you in this,
but I am too busy with class and work to post as often as I would like.

SYSTEM INFORMATION:
486/SX33
1.08 mb Western Digital caviar drive
32mb RAM
Zoom 28.8 modem

That's all of the relevant stuff, except for me to say that I had no problems
when I used the test number from the summer.

I also have to rule out the Merlin beta as a problem, because the Internet
programs included with it were not changed from the Warp package.

Thank you and again, I apologize for not being more specific.

                --Matt Bear
--
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean that I...Hey, what's
that?