MUMODEMS Archives

December 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joe Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 10:20:38 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Bill Van Etten <[log in to unmask]>
 writes:
> I understand that the necessary hard/software to use appletalk through
> MU's PPP already exists, but no public access/info on the subject.  Can
> someone fill me in?
> --
> Rm 70 BSB, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056
> FAX 513-529-2431
> mailto:[log in to unmask]
> http://www.muohio.edu/~wjvanetten/

Yes, our access servers at least claim to support appeltalk over ppp.

Apple has announced that it will support appletalk over ppp.
As near as I can determine Apple's plans appletalk over ppp
IS ARA v3.  I expect some kind of product with calendar 1997.

Even if this product appears, there is no indication that MUnet
will configure to support this service.

MUnet has no plans to implement appletalk over ppp at this time.

Sorry to be so negative.

Joe Simpson [log in to unmask]