MUMODEMS Archives

January 1997

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve Beiting <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 17:09:59 -0500
Greetings,

What can I do about this error message: "The EEPROM of your Winmodem board
is corrupt."  This message appears every time I boot up.  U.S. Robotics
hasn't responded to my e-mail (it's now been a month since I sent it).  I
know the EEPROM has to do with flash ROM---yes, I did get the 33.6 flash
upgrade.  Before the error, 3/4 of the time I could pull a 31.2, and that's
still all I can pull.  I know some people in town don't even get a 28.8, so
I'm not complaining about the "poor" (31.2) speed, I'm complaining about
that irritating error message.  I tried uninstalling the modem, I also
tried reloading the flash upgrade, yet neither has worked.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve