MUTALK Archives

February 1997

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Shaken Angel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 11:01:59 -0500
Clayton L. Hynfield ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: In article <[log in to unmask]>,
: [log in to unmask] (Shaken Angel) wrote:
: >And has anyone else seen the trailers for some upcoming movie called
: >"Anastasia" and been totally bamboozled?  Here's something that walks
: >Disney, talks Disney, smells like Disney, but *ain't* Disney!  20th
: >Century Fox??  Yaaooowwwww frightening.

: Yes, I saw the trailers, and I dismissed it from the beginning:  "Oh,
: boy.  Another multicultural token from Disney.  Just what I was looking
: for."  I didn't pay attention to the end, though -- are you sure it's not
: Disney?

Positive.

See the huge-ass "20th Century Fox" logo at the end -- I know, I tried to
tune it out the whole shebang as well, but I'm too much a child of the
vacuum tube.  Unless Disney, in its lamprey-esque feeding frenzy, scooped
up 20th Century Fox as well, what we have here is someone trying to steal
Disney's fire.  Bad, Prometheus!  Bad!

Ah, the sublimity of mu.talk.

- a