MUTALK Archives

February 1995

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 08:51:26 -0500
*****
*****

> Proposal:    Formation of an amateur radio club, and establishment of a club
>              station here at Miami University.  The club would be open to all
>              licensed hams and anyone else that would be interested.

        This sounds like a great Idea... I've been trying to get into ham radio
for about six months now.  I'm a freshman here at Miami, and I am very
surprised to learn that with all of Miami's clubs, and organizations, that we
lack a Radio Club!  My other HAM radio buddy down here didn't think there were
more than 5 or 6 HAM's down here... I told him that I guess it's not that
popular down here... but upon here the news that over 100 people at miami are
Radio operators, it would be a benefit for learners like my to have such a
club.
-
                 |   Beretta       |---------->
(or Flash to you non-computer geeks) [log in to unmask]