MUTALK Archives

October 1994

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 1994 22:08:11 -0500
In article <1994Oct9.214241.30964@miavx1>, [log in to unmask]
(Democ) writes:
> Wow oh wow!  a newsgroup dedicated to talking!  I feel ashamed that I am the
> 5th poster and not the first.  I still want newbies to start posting to news!
> Geesh with 12000+ students here all with accounts there has to be some
creative
> minds out there that would like to gab about something besides Christianity
or
> lack there of (re: mu.religion)  Come on baby let me show you where I'm at!
> --

Think again.  This is the university which I myself called, in front of a group
of hundred(s) or so belligerent atheletes and crazy student revolutionaries (Hi
John Blair!) at the "Are We Losing Our School Spirit?" thing last Wednesday,
"The most boring college in the Midwest".  I should have said world.  Blah.

Giving 12,000++ students accounts was probably not a Good Move, but I'll leave
it be.  Anyway.  You're right, though; logically there MUST BE SOME INTERESTING
PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HAVEN'T REVEALED THEMSELVES.  You are heretofore commanded
to REVEAL THYSELVES or I will start running around the Hub in my underwear
offering chicken sacrifices to Osiris, Egyptian God of the Dead.

See if I don't.

-- adder