MUTALK Archives

December 1997

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Deus ex Machina <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:50:55 -0500
Behold! Randy Kaelber Speaks:
: Thus spake Deus ex Machina ([log in to unmask]):
: > Behold! Dan Lottis Speaks:

: > I prefer the Great Unwashed, if we're going to choose peanut galleries.

: Hey, I don't mind what you might or might not do in the privacy of your
: own home, but I'd rather not hear about unwashed peanuts, if you please.

But Randu, I thought you were over that thing you had with Lucy.

: > Hunh. I just tightened the chain on my bike with Boccherini. He was doin'
: > fine when he wasn't complaining about getting greasy.

: Oh, jeez, you should know better. He came over once about a year ago when
: I was putting in a new water pump and it was "Haydn would've replaced the
: belt, too" and "Haydn would've rebuilt his own water pump" Haydn this
: Haydn that.... blah blah blah. I found it annoying. He writes nice cello
: pieces, though.

Haydn's no saint either. Had 'im over for dinner one night, the guy has no
concept of time. Once we got enough liquor in him, though, he did write an
interesting dance remix of Bach's 6th unaccompanied Cello Concerto.

: > Yes, hi Randy.

: Oh, hi, Ian. How long have you been standing there?

Long enough to realize that I really oughtta stop standing down-wind of
you.

: > : Been there, done that.   For several semesters!  It's pretty cool, but I
: > : really think that doing it "in private" detracts from the fun of it.

: > If on'y this were posted to mu.flames... oh well. I'll pretend I'm not
: > thinking what I'm really thinking.

: *sigh* I miss the good ol' days.

yeah, back when p7a77 was raisin' unmitigated heck and Yung Kuo(sp?) was
enlightening the masses... god I feel old.

No, Randu, not *that* old.

: > Mmm hmm. I've played both Master of Orion's (unless there's more than I'm
: > aware of) and I've never run into a Lagrangian.

: I think you get it only after you defeat the Guardian of Orion and you've
: already researched Zeon Missiles and Core Waste Dumps.

Well, that /is/ what this thread is about, aint it? What the hell else do
we have a Physics dept. here for?

Which begs the question, Is physics really fun at Miami? And if so, why
haven't we put a stop to it?

: > Pirsig sounds foriegn and we don't take kindly to outsiders here, zen or
: > not. And I think you misspelled "ornery."

: Now, now, Ian. We've traded our nationalistic isolationist policies for a
: ruthless oppressive collective one. Now, all of humankind is free to come
: here and serve our slightest whims.

Tell that to anyone trying to immigrate. Got your Green card? Blue one?
Where's your Chartruse card? Do you have the Bill of Rights memorized? If
so, why? And what the hell do you think you're doing trying to get a job
here? Only Americans can have jobs. Or education, medical care....

: > Actually, um, since well, most MU froups are totally unsused except by me
: > and rando here, it might not be a bad idea. Once you do that, we'll stop
: > by and take over.

: Suse the froups! Suse the froups!

SUSENET ist nicht fur gefingerpoken by das dumbkopfen.

: Randu

MoHu