MUTALK Archives

November 1996

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joel Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 23:23:56 -0500
James Howard wrote:
> Clinton stole his track from Dole.

How so?

> Does anyone really belive his age is an issue?  What about Ronald
> Reagan?  He was extremely old in office, and he is one of our most
> beloved presidents.

I do.  I honestly believe Dole will come into some serious health
problems within the next four years.

I wasn't old enough to care about Ronald Reagan's age when he first
seeked the presidency.  If I were, though, I probably would have
considered age an issue there, too.  To be honest, though, Reagen looked
a lot healthier then than Dole does now (IMHO).

> I read that he decided to change to a me-me-me campaign in the last week,
> but I never saw it.  Besides, Clinton has done the same thing.  Why would
> you vote for someone whom you yourself refer to as "Slick Willy"?

On that I must agree with you.  I despise negative advertisements.  They
make me like who they're supposed to be supporting even less.  Hmmm...
Perot hasn't run a negative ad.  Of course, I'm not crazy enough to vote
for him.  :)

Joel