OCCSA Archives

September 1995

OCCSA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bob Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Collegiate Computing Services Association (OCCSA)
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 13:23:36 +1200
Received this a while back.  Thought I'd post it as an FYI for
anybody interested.

...Bob

Forwarded by:   "Beth" <EL2/BALLISON>
Forwarded to:   bsmith
Date forwarded: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 08:13:30 +1200 EST
Date sent:      Mon, 14 Aug 1995 11:18:39 -0500
To:             Beth <[log in to unmask]>
From:           [log in to unmask] (Michel Izygon x31958) (by way
 of [log in to unmask]
                (David D. Merritt))
Subject:        win95 (Big Brother or Big Joke ??)

Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 11:53:48 -0500
Sender: [log in to unmask]
From: Lawrence Law <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Warning:  Security Issue with Windows 95

I recommend against buying MS Windows 95 FOR ANY PURPOSE until
someone other than MS itself verifies that Windows 95 will not and
cannot transmit LDDS/Worldcom data back to MS.  We risk compromising
sensitive proprietary data, at the very least.

- law