OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 23:19:29 -0400
Tonight I thought I would add a little culture to my being and did so at
Franklin Park Conservatory's Thursday eve. Cocktails among the ferns and
bonsai's.      http://www.fpconservatory.org/cocktails.htm

While on the rooftop sipping and laughing with friends, I was soon
distracted by a very acrobatic flock of Common Nighthawks.  I watched them
on and off over a couple of hours while I walked in and out of the exhibits.
I would venture to guess there were an easy 40 to 50 some birds.  I had many
people looking skyward watching their antics and easily seeing their white
wing patches.  Many Chimney Swifts were scattered lower than the nighthawks
who at times seemed to twist and turn to the DJ's music.  Amid the plant
exhibits, Chihuly, food, spirits and friends, the birds in that setting were
a highlight not to be forgotten.

Darlene Sillick

Powell, Ohio

Thursdays from 5:30 - 10 p.m.
Free Parking
21 and over

Beginning July 2, there is a $10 food and beverage minimum.
You will receive $10 worth of tickets to use at the bar or for hors
d'oeuvres.
Chihuly Reimagined will be on view along with all of the plant collections.

Dates and monthly themes:

September - 3, 10, 17, 24 - Bonsai & Bellinis

October - 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 - Bamboo & Brew

November - 5, 12, 19 - Ferns & Flirtinis

December - 3, 10, 17 - Mistletoe & Manhattans

1777 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43203