OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2013

From:
Tom Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2013 08:26:26 -0400
Look for shorebirds along Alum Creek beach and elsewhere, per Dan Sanders,
then go north to Cheshire Road causeway to see summering loons. First summer
loons have been present and often in view along the causeway since mid-May
(probably earlier). Three were present until mid-June. Since, I've seen just
two (Thursday, one preened and fussed just twenty feet from shore at the
picnic area by the boat launch). These birds lounge near the campground
beech at the southwest corner of the causeway, and sometimes near the boat
launch at the northeast corner (and anywhere in between). They actively
forage along the riprap of the causeway.

Good birding, all.

Tom Bain
Delaware County