From:
"Simpson, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpson, Bruce
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2018 17:55:29 -0400
 Blendon Woods Metro Park is located in the northeast corner of Columbus
off of I 270 and Rte 161. Take the Little Turtle Way exit.

 Below is a list of Birds seen here the last 5 days. (May 7-11 )

 The area around the Bird Blinds at Thoreau Lake has been the most
productive area. Lake Trail also has been good. The woodland trails-Ripple
Rock, Brookside(beginning 100 yards),and Overlook(from beginning to the
steps). I would like to thank the many people who helped find these Birds.
There are many good eyes in this park!

  Lake Trail
    Warblers
      Black-throated Blue
      Black-throated Green
      Nashville
      N Parula
      Yellow-throated
      Prairie
      Yellow-rumped
      Bay-breasted
      Chestnut-sided
      Orange-crownrd
      Blackburian
      American Redstart
      Black-and-white
      Kentucky
      Cerulean
      Magnolia
      Cape May
      Palm
      Oven
      Canada
      Wilson
      Cerulean
      Mourning
   Summer Tanager
   Red-tailed Hawk
   Red-headed Woodpecker
   Blue-headed Vireo
   Indigo Bunting
   Veery
   Carolina Wren
   Pileated Woodpecker
   Warbling Vireo
   Rose-breasted Grosbeak
   Least Flycatcher
   Eastern Wood Peewee
   Swainson's Thrush
   Red-eyed Vireo
   E Towhee

 Thoreau Lake
  Warblers
    Yellow
    Northern Waterthrush
    Prothonotary-male
    C Yellowthroat
  Scarlet Tanager
  Swainson's Thrush
  E Phoebe
  Ruby-crowned Kinglet
  Gray-cheeked Thrush
  Chimney Swift
  Belted Kingfisher
  Great Egret
  E Phoebe
  Spotted Sandpiper
  Mallard-male
  Mallard-female-with duckling
  Wood Duck-males
  Swallows
   Barn
   N Rough-winged
  Great Blue Heron
  Green Heron
  Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Hickory Ridge Trail
  Louisiana Waterthrush
  Wood Thrush
  Acadian Flycatcher
  Red-eyed Vireo
  Great Crested Flycatcher
  Black-throated Blue

Goldenrod Trail
 Hooded Warbler (Sat May 5th)

Overlook Trail
 Warblers
   Black-and-white
   Black-throated Green
   Blackburian
  Red-eyed Vireo
  Louisiana Waterthrush
  Yellow-throated Vireo

Ripple Rock Trail
  Hooded Warbler

  Goldenrod Trail
   Warblers
      Ovenbird
      Hooded
   E Towhee
   Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
   Philadalphia Vireo

Nature Center
   White-crowned Sparrow
   Cooper's Hawk
   Hairy woodpecker
   White-throated Sparrow
   Bluebirds-pair coming to feeder
   Nashville Warbler
   Ruby-throated Hummingbird
   Veery-singing

Turkeys-everywhere-males are displaying

    Blendon Woods Metro Park
      Nature Center
        614-895-6221

     Bruce Simpson-Naturalist at Blendon Woods Metro Park in Columbus