OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:52:24 EST
Sunday December 17, 2006 is the scheduled date for the Columbus Audubon
Society Christmas Bird Count. Rob Thorn is the Circle Coordinator and general
information can be found at the Columbus Audubon Society web site.

The circle includes Blendon Woods Metro Park which is located in the
northeast corner of Franklin County just off SR 161. This productive site  is too
often under covered because of a lack of participants in the field. I  invite
interested birders to join Bruce Simpson and myself at Blendon Woods so  we can
really give Blendon good coverage this year. We will meet at the Nature  Center
at 8:00 a.m.

Thoreau Lake in the Walden Waterfowl Refuge has been known to produce most
wintering waterfowl, especially American Black Ducks. The trails and off-trail
areas normally have several species of owls and all 7 of Ohio's woodpeckers.
Come and join us on Saturday December 17th.

Charlie Bombaci