From:
Regina Schieltz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Regina Schieltz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 19:59:21 -0400
I birded in several small spots today in Darke County.

Twin Bridges on Palestine-Union City Road just south of St. Rt. 571
from first light to about 7:30am
 Can. geese
wood ducks
blue wing teal
killdeer
lesser yellowlegs
solitary sand.
least sandpipers
mo. dove
tree swallow
red-bellied woodpecker
downy
flicker
phoebe
blue jay
C. chickadee
tufted titmouse
wh. br. nuthatch
house wren
ruby crown kinglet
blue gray gnatcatcher
robin
starling
yellow rumped warbler
chipping, field, song sparrows
white throated sparrows
red wing bb
e. meadowlark
grackle
'cowbird
goldfinch

Stump's pond outside of Nashville in Darke Co.
Can. geese
coots
pied bill grebe

St. Rt. 118 and Hillgrove-Woodington Rd.
about 12 pectoral sandpipers

Ansonia-Elroy Road east of St. Rt. 49
a mixed flock of lesser yellowlegs, solitary and pectoral sandpipers

Boyer Road bridge over Stillwater River
sing N. parula  great looks

Shroader Road

Nashville Warbler

My parents' farm north of Versailles
Redtail hawk
wh. br. nuthatch
ruby cr. kinglets
bluegray gnatcatchers
chipping, field, song, wh. throated sparrows
goldfinches
e. meadowlarks
redwing bb
grackles