From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2023 11:17:50 -0400
I’m just back from a trip to the Boston area for a family get together then several days in Cape May for birding. Given the hard drive yesterday through driving rain, wind, fog and topped off by a thunderstorm with torrential downpour on I-70 an hour from home, I didn’t feel like driving very far today but I had nice birding despite the overcast chilly weather.

Denison was somewhat quiet, but I did pick up my FOY Wood Thrush singing, something I look forward to every spring. Shortly after I heard a Black-throated Green, which is also FOY. Com YT, Tree Swallows, 3 drake wood ducks. House Wren, White-eyed Vireo, Pileated & Hairy WPs. Sparrows: Chipping, Wht-throated, Song, Field plus towhees.

The Land Lab was productive: 1 Solitary SP that was chased off by a Greater Yellowlegs. Then the YL flew off & was joined by another. Killdeer. A Sora sounded off and I finally spotted it briefly in flight before it landed & disappeared back into the reeds shortly thereafter. Sora is new for me for the land lab.

I also picked up my FOY Warbling Vireo there in full song plus Yellow Warbler and another Com YT. Wood Duck drake & mallard. Tree Swallows.

Peggy Wang
Granville
Sent from my iPad