OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
Lyn Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 20:23:40 -0800
Well, with all this cold, snowy weather, I have been enjoying a few newcomers in my yard in Auburn Township.

My regulars include:

Black Capped Chickadee many
White Breasted Nuthatch 10-15
Tufted Titmouse 15-20
House Finch many
American Goldfinch many
Northern Cardinal 15-20
Blue Jay 10-15
American Crow 5-6
European Starling WAY TOO MANY arrived last week
Junco many
American Tree Sparrow 15-20
Song Sparrow 5
House Sparrow 10-15
Downy Woodpecker 20-30
Hairy Woodpecker 15-20
Red Bellied Woodpecker 9-10
Common Flicker 1
Pileated Woodpecker pair, plus one male
Carolina Wren 1-2  seen in our shed, as well as at feeders
1st seen last week:
White Throated Sparrow 3-4
Pine Siskin 2-3  LIFE BIRD!!
Robin 4-5 eating winterberries
and today, 5 or 6 Eastern Bluebirds joined the Robins!

Also, a juvenile Red Shouldered Hawk has been giving me great looks in nearby trees.

Lyn Miller
Geauga County