OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2010

From:
victoriab <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
victoriab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 01:29:28 -0600
Hello, my name is Victoria.

I LOVE birds. I have since I was a little girl.

I always wanted to hold birds. My father came out to the porch once and
asked me what I was staring at. I told him I was being very quiet so the
robin would come close and I could catch him and hold him. My father told me
the only way I could hold a wild bird was to throw salt on it's tail and it
would stand still so I could pick it up. So at about 5-6 years old, I ran
all over our yard with a salt shaker trying to throw it on the tail of a
robin. Of course, that never happened as it was a "joke" my father had
played on me, but I got a lot of exercise! LOL

Basically my "bird" life has been a few Budgies when I was young. When I
lived in Akron with my husband back in 1974, we had many birds. We tried
breeding fancy pigeons. We had a Cockatiel who I was afraid of, but
implanted itself into my heart only to grow just in 2000. I bought my first
Cockatiel and now I have 6 Cockatiels, 1 Quaker parrot, and 1 VERY spoiled
GC conure.

In Akron, I fed the wild birds. Now I feed the wild birds. I have MS and can
t walk anymore, but my aides feed them for me. I get to watch them from a
window.

I'm happy to find a group like this. I am anxious to get to know you all and
talk BIRDS!

Thank you for having me.

~Victoria~

Goodnight my BooBoo. I love you....

Little Sister, you will always live in my heart, Good night sweet girl, I
hope He has a toothbrush for you up there.

Two of my girlies gone over the hill. Mommy's heart is broken, still....

http://www.cafepress.com./ninasbirdstuff

Like Cockatiels? [log in to unmask]

Just because the balloons are gone, does not mean that the party is over