OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2023

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2023 20:42:39 -0500
Yea! I spent a couple hours here this late afternoon to dusk. And a bit beyond.
That field is flooded. Good! Lots of ducks - Gadwall mainly, 1 RN Duck, GW Teal
In good numbers, a wood Duck pair, etc. I am striking out on wigeon though.
I need that for my big year. I checked the Seward road ponds also. No Wigeon.

White crowned sparrows are back in force. I had today for Butler. And Woodcock!
Yea! I was scanning and listening the whole trail I walked next to the wet woods.
Nothing. Dejected. But Brady met me as I walked out. He had them! Yea! Right
At the Firebird Drive parking area. Stand at the fence at the turnaround. Still
Took me a minute….. Brady kept pointing….. finally, one must have faced us -
Peeent. Brady is a new employee of the Butler county park system. I am sure
I will meet him again! That species is hard for me anymore. Thanks again Brady!

Am up to 86 for my big year. I will be working on waterfowl and night birding
The rest of march.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini