OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2013

From:
Lisa Brohl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Brohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2013 18:15:56 -0500
I got a chance to go out to the Scheeff East Point Nature Preserve on South
Bass Island today. No purple sandpipers today but did see a variety of
waterfowl and got to see a peregrine falcon strafe a few ducks just off the
tip of the island! A Bald Eagle came by later to check out the ducks too.
Also saw over 100 Tundra Swans at Chapmans Point near Perry's Victory and 89
Tundra Swans at Scheeff.
No common loons today but still saw lots of horned grebes. Not as many gulls
but lots of ducks.

Greater Black-backed Gull  2
Bonaparte's Gull 3
Ring-billed gull  10