OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2021

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 2021 15:21:27 -0500
I had started at Hawley Rd. Clermont. Just to see the changes. Yep! Big
changes with no snow on the fields. I scanned the cornfields trying
to pick up Larks. Nope.... And no sign of the Rough legged. That bird
is being very elusive. Its probably the same one as found either Nov.
or Dec. last year. Where does it go...?

East Fork was open. It had the waterfowl spread out, but still there. I picked
up Horned Grebe for the big year. I would have gotten that.... would have
preferred the Long tailed Duck! That seems to have moved on.

A nice variety of waterfowl. South beach was not the best this time.
Birds were against the north side.

Best viewing today - imho - was the dam. A boat launch before the visitors
center had 331 Redhead! And 8 canvasback. I like big numbers!

I moved on down the dam and had 74 Pied billed Grebes. Wow! There must
be over 100 still at the place. Because I didn't count stuff against the dam
when I was at south beach. Too far!

Rowe woods sat. am. Assuming not raining. And if i don't get RB Nuthatch
there, its off chasing at a friends feeders! As much as I want to find my own,
I do want to get for the big year!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini