OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2010

From:
"Steve J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve J.
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:12:22 -0500
Ha! I think that I have you all beat.  I have been working almost
everyday except Sundays, and on those days I have been extremely busy
with our church.  I have seen more birds in the pictures that people
link to than I have seen in real life. So my count of Wulf-monath birds
has been restricted to what I've seen on the way to work and what is at
my feeder. I can *almost* do it on both hands...

Horned Larks by the dozens
Carolina Wren
Chickadees
House finch
House sparrow
Starlings (See How desperate I am to get it to 15 ;-D)
Mallards
Downy
WB nuthatch
Kestrels
RT Hawk
Harriers
Can. Goose
Cardinal
and a Jay or two.

That's it 15, I didn't even see an Eagle at Big Island...They seem to be
all up at Killdeer or some reason.

February and March don't look any better (from a birding perspective ;-)
), and I have to take two days off in May just to get to go to the Marsh.
So for everyone buying Hondas (specifically CR-Vs, Elements, &
Crosstours)....Thanks for keeping me *out* of the fields. :-D  Really,
it could be a lot worse for me right now.  I am so thankful to God for
every day of overtime that I have been given, even tough I don't get to
go out and bird watch. :-)

See you out there.

Steve Jones
(a.k.a. sjlarue)
-
However, as it is written:
   "No eye has seen,
      no ear has heard,
   no mind has conceived
   what God has prepared for those who love him"

1 Corinthians 2:9 (NIV)