OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2023

From:
Lynn Champney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Champney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2023 10:59:50 -0500
  Since Monday 9 January 2023 a Robin has daily been purposely flying into two side by side windows facing the back yard and feeders.  A short double  shepherds hook with a cylinder, thistle seed and dried meal worm feeder on it is close to these windows.  The Robin perches on it and flies head first against the window, hitting it with its bill.  Sometimes he will peck at the window.  And he is pretty much all day in the area.
I first thought he was wanting feeder filled.  Not so. I think he just enjoys the sound he makes hitting the windows.
  And as I’ve been typing this he’s been busy.
 Has anyone else had or heard of this behavior, or know why he is doing this?
Let me know.
Thanks 🙏
Lynn Champney

Sent from my iPhone