OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2013

From:
Justin Bosler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Justin Bosler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2013 00:02:24 -0400
Hello all,

Before looking for shorebirds at Willow Point WA, I looked around for any
sign of  waterfowlers given it's peak teal season.  The place appeared to
be vacant, so I ventured in.  I was happy to find the continuing American
Avocet in the impound to the east of the Fish Work Unit.  This unit has
been productive for shorebirds since about mid-August.  However, access to
certain Wildlife Areas in Sandusky and Erie counties is tenuous right now
during teal season, but since I've seen endorsements of shorebirding at
these sites on the ODNR website (
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/WildlifeLogin/tabid/24321/Default.aspx) I feel
that we're welcome.

Good birding,