OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2014

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2014 13:08:29 +0000
 I decided I better post this.  Yesterday afternoon I was at Villa Angela/Wildwood Parks (part of Euclid Creek Reservation).  Didn't see as many sparrows yesterday as I have been seeing the last few weeks (50) especially Juncos even the day before on 11/28 I had 35.  Anyways in Villa Angela just south of the lake I found a White-eyed Vireo.  I saw a little bird in the barnyard grass fly up to some bushes and saw what it was.  I saw the bright yellow eye-glasses clearly and then it flew into the woods moving quickly around the branches near the ground.  I lost it in the woods.  I only got a blurry picture of the side of the face but I did get pictures of the back and sides of the bird.  Saw a few Golden-crowned Kinglets, a Northern Mockingbird, a Winter Wren & Carolina Wren, couple Redhead ducks in the marina, now only one Hooded Merganser in the marina (last weekend there were 13) adult Bald Eagle in the tall tree near the bridge in the marina area but other than that not a lot.
I didn't go to Sims Park yesterday but I did go on 11/28.  I could only find four female Black Scoters and about 37 Common Goldeneyes.
Nancy AndersonRichmond Htshttps://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a