OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2018

From:
Carole Babyak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 15:16:53 -0500
Yesterday just before 5pm I was filling the peanut feeder when an intensely colored male RBN jumped on the feeder
in a branch above him a female (lighter colored breast) landed, vocalizing in that rapid call they make.  He answered
 then flew to her branch, still vocalizing she moved around the branch, flew up to the next branch then flew to a
spruce tree.   He was vocalizing that same rapid call, following her and also went to the spruce tree.     I'm not assigning
 them any human qualities,,,,,however for me it was a charming experience.

Carole Babyak