OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2015

From:
"Coy, Patrick G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Coy, Patrick G.
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2015 21:30:19 +0000
An early morning 3+ hour bird walk around the environs of Kendall Lake, Kendall Hills, Little Meadow, and parts of the Cross-country trail yielded 54 species today. The male Prairie Warbler that was first found on May 7th persists around Kendall Hills, singing lustily; unfortunately, I've not seen a female there. By far the most surprising bird of the day was a male Ruddy Duck loafing on the lake. Full list follows.

-Patrick Coy
Peninsula, OH

1- Canada Goose
1- Mallard
1- Ruddy Duck
2- Great Blue Heron
1- Red-tailed Hawk
1- Spotted Sandpiper
4- Mourning Dove
1- Barred Owl
2- Belted Kingfisher
1- Red-bellied Woodpecker
1- Downy Woodpecker
2- Northern Flicker
2- Pileated Woodpecker
4- Eastern Wood-Pewee
4- Acadian Flycatcher
1- Alder/Willow Flycatcher (Traill's Flycatcherr)
2- Eastern Phoebe
3- Great Crested Flycatcher
2- Eastern Kingbird
2- Yellow-throated Vireo