From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:11:56 -0700
I went to Villa Angela and Wildwood Fri 4/15 and today 4/17 from 10 to 2:20pm.  The temp today was 44-49 deg, 22-28mph WSW to W winds, cloudy then sunny.  The only new birds I have seen since Fri were the Northern Rough-winged Swallows Fri in Wildwood with Mark Anderson and today the House Wren.  Noticeable were more White-throated Sparrows today.  When I started to leave I ran into Laura Madden & husband and she had just seen the Green Heron in the Villa Angela wet area of the woods with a picture.  Here are a few birds seen (no warblers)

Red-breasted Mergansers 40+ in marina
Horned Grebes 2 - Euclid Creek
Double-crested Cormorants  16 + 7
Green Heron 1 (seen by Laura Madden) VA
Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers 2  (Villa Angela & Wildwood)
Northern Flickers 12  (WW-3, VA-9)
Eastern Phoebe 1
Barn Swallows few
Northern Rough-winged Swallows 6 (only seen 4/15 in marina & further down by creek)
Brown Creeper 4
Carolina Wren 1 (down from bridge along creek in Wildwood - also singing)
House Wren 1 seen & was singing (west of grassy knoll in Villa Angela in thickets north of path going into woods
Winter Wren 1 heard singing south of path (as above)
Golden-crowned Kinglets 6
Ruby-crowned Kinglets 5 (some were singing)
Hermit Thrush 9 (WW-4, VA-5)
Gray Catbird 1  VA
Brown Thrasher 2 VA
Eastern Towhee  5 VA, (1-WW, 3-VA)
Field Sparrow 1 heard singing by creek parking lot
Song Sparrow 6
Swamp Sparrow 1 WW
White-throated Sparrows 5 VA
White-crowned Sparrow (1st winter) still singing Villa Angela
many Tufted Titmouse, Goldfinch, Grackles, RW Blackbirds few Cowbirds, Robins

Yesterday, my husband and I stopped at Sheldon's Marsh near Huron around 3pm on the way back from my mothers house and was able to see 4-5 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers on the old road near the golf course as the road gets closer to the tall trees in a secluded area on the east side of the path going in.  So that was my first for the year and will have to hold me over for awhile.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/