From:
August Froehlich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
August Froehlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2015 21:06:15 +0000
Ohio Birders-

I want to remind everyone that this weekend The Nature Conservancy is having a weekend long celebration of the Grand River Conservation Campus at Morgan Swamp, near the town of Rock Creek in Ashtabula County.

The registration deadline for the Saturday lunch, hikes and presentation by David Sibley was Friday, but there still might be room if you act now.

The Sunday guided hikes and tours of the newly developed trails are still open, free to all who attend.

The weather seems like it will cooperate for a fine start to May Madness. The Grand River Conservation Campus and the Morgan Swamp preserve offer unique birding opportunities in Ohio. Jim McCormac wrote a great post about  the Campus property when it was donated in 2011:
http://jimmccormac.blogspot.com/2011/01/clevelands-city-mission-donates.html

The Grand River watershed has been the focus of significant conservation efforts by many organizations over the past decades. I hope you'll take the time to come see some of those protected habitats and the species that comprise them this weekend.

You can find out more information about this weekend's events by visiting this page:
http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/ohio/events/david-allen-sibley-presentation-and-open-house-at-the-nature-conservancys-gr.xml

You can learn more about the over 1,500 acres of land that make up the Morgan Swamp Preserve by visiting this page:
http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/ohio/placesweprotect/morgan-swamp-preserve.xml

Google Map:
https://goo.gl/maps/5UkdG
41.6434676, -80.8875818