OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2021

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2021 17:02:54 -0400
Success! August bird! I keep monthly lists......

Alas my friends could not join me today. Hopefully it sticks for
Sept. It was in that eastern most roost tree when i first arrived.
7:20 am or so. The size difference is so obvious! And it was
still there when I left an hour later. Donald said an early morning
issue. Yep! It disappears to the west during the day. Probably
comes back occasionally, but why depend on luck!? Go early.

Some migrants around. Bay breasted Warbler is 211 for my big year.
I still need Canada, Wilsons, OC, BT Green. And Connecticut.
Thoughts on locations for that one down here are appreciated!

I am missing a lot of shorebirds yet. I should be checking spots.
But need to get chores done! I am back to doubtful for 250.....
But learning the area! That western end of the South Beach of
east fork looks really good for migrants! Thanks Ric!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini