Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 21:13:13 EDT
5/3/07, my post-call afternoon off came at a great time.

Grosjean Park in Wooster:  mudded out

Wooster Cemetery:  what a gem!  from section 20, parked and walked west past
21 and 22, to the open/wooded meadow.  Highlights:

        ** Ruby-crowned Kinglet
        ** Common Yellow-throat
        -- Baltimore Oriole - I've missed that song!
        -- RB Grosbeak (add mine to the millions this year!)
        ** Tennessee Warbler (great looks and listens)

Su, this might be the "migrant trap" you've been searching for if Secrest
isn't it!

Killbuck Marsh:  83 south to Force Road (dead-end)

        -- Wild Turkey (one crossed my path driving in...is that GOOD luck?)
        ***Yellow Warbler -- female building a nest, beautiful watching her
settle in and shape the inside of the downy-fibered nest cup with her breast;
males singing sweet, sweet, sweet-yes-i'm soo sweet (right on the money)
        **Yellow-rumped Warbler
        -- Pileated Woodpecker
        ** White-eyed Vireo (this guys is ALWAYS at this location)

No yellow-breasted chat yet, but this is my most reliable spot for these
raucous birds.

AND THE BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE DAY, after the kids went to bed, I was
writing up my trip on the back patio and heard the amazing and unexpected call of a:
     *** WOOD THRUSH!!  He was singing in brief phrases, heavy on the sharp
chattery ending that they are so famous for; didn't believe it at first, but it
continued nearly to dark.

Enjoy the migration--it's a dandy this year!!  Loving our OWN rbgrosbeaks and
a two VERY showy red-headed woodpeckers.

Scott
Wayne County

(notice the gradient of "leafiness" between southern Wayne/Holmes county and
the northern half of Wayne county--here in the North we are still almost bare,
thus the marked absence of warblers here yet)