From:
Rachel Shamy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rachel Shamy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2015 00:36:57 -0400
I went to Wildwood Preserve Metropark in Toledo today with my best friend
and fellow birder Rene'.

We saw:

Tufted Titmouse-5, singing and bathing in puddles on the ground.

Pair of Cardinals together.
Heard tons of Robins, Black Capped Chickadees and Red Bellied Woodpeckers
and one Pileated Woodpecker calling.

We saw at least one pair of VERY tiny birds high up flitting around.
Nothing we could identify. They were definitely partly yellow.

The biggest highlight was seeing repeated, EXTREMELY tiny birds and then
realizing we found theirnest. As we used our zoom lenses we identified them
as Blue Gray Gnatcatchers!!!! We watched her making her teeny tiny nest
about 30ft above us. We probably saw at least one more pr of them if not
more!!!!

I love birding!!
Rachel S.
Fulton/Lucas County Line