OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2015

From:
Jon Cefus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Cefus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 2015 15:00:03 -0400
I decided to head out early in case the front blew any new birds in.

I started at Conneaut at sunrise.  It was slow, but a nice group of 9 Sanderlings put on a great show.  There were also several Semi-palmated plover and a single Greater Yellowlegs.  No warblers in the woods behind the spit.

At Mentor I started at Wake Robin.  Again it was slow, but I did have a Swainson's and Gray-cheeked Thrush at the small woods at the entrance.  Headlands was also slow, but again I had Swainson's and GC Thrushes, as well as a dandy male Black-throated Blue Warbler, as well as a great look at a Least Flycatcher feeding in the trees on the south side of the dunes.

Wendy Park in Cleveland was also pretty quiet, except for the stadium as it was obvious the Browns were doing well.  I did have both Swainson's and GC Thrushes once again as well as my first of fall White-throated Sparrows, a plump stiff-tailed Winter Wren, and a great look at a Lincoln's Sparrow.  No Warblers seen.

All in all a very nice day of birding.

Jon Cefus
Cuyahoga Falls

Sent from my iPhone