OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Bob Glotzhober <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Glotzhober <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 06:46:23 -0500
Yesterday afternoon I went to Glacier Ridge to try and see the barred
owl Paul McSweeny wrote about. Not the best time of day for a roosting
owl - and I did not see it. However, the narrow band of woods on the
other side of the trail, next to a large field, had at least 5 or 6
bluebirds darting around. I've seen bluebirds in winter before in
southern Ohio, but this is the first time I've seen them this time of
year in the Columbus area.

Bob Glotzhober

====================

Robert C. Glotzhober                  614/ 298-2054

Senior Curator, Natural History    [log in to unmask]

Ohio Historical Society               Fax: 614/ 297-2546

1982 Velma Avenue

Columbus, Ohio 43211-2497

Visit the website of the Ohio Historical Society at:
www.ohiohistory.org <http://www.ohiohistory.org>  and check out our
online collections catalog.

Visit the Ohio Odonata website at:
http://www.marietta.edu/~odonata/index.html
<http://www.marietta.edu/~odonata/index.html>

"The mark of a successful man is one that has spent an entire day on the
bank of a river without feeling guilty about it."

"Happiness is as a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our
grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."

Nathaniel Hawthorne