From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2016 20:06:13 -0400
Decent day at Lawrence Woods SNP.

Birds were in good quantities singing over top of one another with areas of
silence to help collect thoughts. :-)
Them French-Canadian Flycatchers (Acadian) are back and are scattered
through the woods.  Cerulean Warblers are between 3 and 4.  Geese were
absent today with only a couple flybys.
Looks like the Protonotary Warbler is picking nesting sites...looks like
one may be the box in the pond on the left.  It is also looking for natural
cavities on the right as you enter, and across the pond on the left.
Hopefully a female hears his pleas soon.
Bobolinks are in the field singing every once and a while.
Common Yellowthroats are all around the parking lot...and I saw one at the
pond.
Weirdest bird of the day was a Killdeer flyby.
Mosquito population is minimal at the moment with only two flybys.  Look
for increasing traffic as we go into June. :-D

Lists for prairie and boardwalk below.

Happy birding and God bless.

Steve J.

Lawrence Woods State Nature Preserve--Prairie Path, Hardin, Ohio, US
May 22, 2016 2:35 PM - 3:15 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     <br />Submitted from eBird Android 1.2.0-beta3
7 species

Ring-necked Pheasant  3
Common Yellowthroat  6
Field Sparrow  6
Song Sparrow  4
Bobolink  3
Red-winged Blackbird  25
Eastern Meadowlark  2

View this checklist online at

Lawrence Woods State Nature Preserve--Woods Boardwalk, Hardin, Ohio, US
May 22, 2016 2:50 PM - 7:02 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.25 mile(s)
Comments:     <br />Submitted from eBird Android 1.2.0-beta3
41 species

Canada Goose  2
Ring-necked Pheasant  1
Turkey Vulture  2