OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2014

Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:45:15 -0800

________________________________

i like silly

________________________________
 From: Kathi Hutton <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 10:28 AM
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Treatise on Creagles

As one of the older members of the list, I remember the seasonal humor of Creagle sightings. For newer members, the standing joke was that Turkey Vultures do not return to Ohio until Bob Hinckle sees the first one in Hinckley, OH at the buzzard festival and pancake breakfast. Other large, black birds seen soaring in north and central Ohio prior to March 15 are Creagles - crow x eagle hybrids.

Yes, it is confusing for those not in on the joke, and yes, it is silly, but this list needs some silly from time to time.

Kathi Hutton
Clermont County

Sent from iVan II, my iPhone