OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 2009 10:11:46 -0400
Last evenin' was at the Mercer WR and seen 3 great egrets and 2 snowy egrets there  along with an american advocet. Also all the  usual locals ,, geese ,gulls  and blue heron. As it was almost dark an Osprey dropped in to the fish hatchery and got him the catfish dinner special  . I would have thought  he would have went for the nice largemouth bass there. This morning in my backyard   it was alive with    the tiny birds.   Had a group of female redstarts and a male redstart. Red eyed vireo, coomon yellowthroat female , nashville warbler , a number of 1st fall magnolias, and a number of them that didn't hold still long enough for me to ID.   all the usual locals  out there too. Great morning for birding.
Russell Reynolds
Lima, Ohio