OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2014

From:
Jon Cefus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Cefus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2014 13:32:51 -0400
Hello!

I'm finding mysel with some time to bird in Carroll County this week.  If anyone has any suggestions about good spots to see birds, I would appreciate the input.  In the meantime I am walking the area at Leesville Lake where my family has had a place since 1971.  I was fortunate to meet Jo Downs while strolling this morning, which was a pleasant surprise at such a relatively small area.

This morning's highlights were a Yellow-billed Cuckoo calling from a treetop and a continuing Blue-winged Warbler, which must be nesting nearby.  Below is my eBird list from the walk.

Happy birding!

Jon Cefus

Jun 22, 2014
Leesville Lake- Rockwood Park
Traveling
1.25 miles
97 Minutes
Observers: 1
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.7.4
X Great Blue Heron
X Turkey Vulture
X Yellow-billed Cuckoo
X Ruby-throated Hummingbird