OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
Carol Yakupcak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:59:57 EST
Dear List, I am brand new to this list and wanted to find out if any of you
are from the area of New Baltimore in Stark County Ohio near the Portage
County  border also near the Hartville border.   The reason I ask is my  husband
and I were taking a ride near New Baltimore on the back roads and we had  a pure
white bird fly in front us and land in a tree on the south side of the  road
we were on.  It was about 15 to 25  feet from us and its wings,  back and tail
and back of its head was pure white.  I could not see its  front as it was
turned away from us as we went by.  It was about the size  of a Cardinal.  It
was not as big as a Blue Jay and it was larger than  sparrows,  so by narrowing
it down I came to the size of a Cardinal.   So my question to you is has
anyone in the area seen this beautiful white bird  and can vouch that I did indeed
see a rare albino bird of some  kind?    Thanks   Carol in Uniontown OHIO
Stark  County